Monday 10 November 2014

Charity Shop Scores in Darlington



A week at the end of October spent at my in-laws proved very fruitful in the thrifting department. Well, fruitful for Dolores anyhow! Want to have a look?



Spotty long sleeved T-shirt, 50p. Mustard zebra print T-shirt, 99p. 



Spotty knit dress, £1.75.



Nautical playsuit, £1.75. This has the original tags in and I'm tempted to sell it on Ebay in the Spring because it just looks so damn white. As in, won't-be-white-for-more-than-five-minutes-if-Dolores-wears-it. 



My favourite, geometric jumper, £1.

So the total sum: £5.99. All these items, aside from the jumper, are for sizes larger than she is now. She is more than fine for clothing at the moment and it's good to have some nice things 'in the bank' in preparation for the inevitable and unpredictable growth spurts! 

We're going back to Darlington at Christmas, so the town has a while to replenish it's charity shops... Have you had any awesome thrifting scores recently? 

6 comments:

tialys said...

How cute is that little marine playsuit? I'm coming over to the UK later this week and my Mum lives near a 'posh' town so the charity shops there are always good for a rummage.

Miriana said...

I love the geometric jumper. It would be interesting to track kids clothes - my kids have endless hand me downs which then go onto others or the charity shop. I wonder how many children they clothe before being retired.

Anonymous said...

Ace haul. I love the jumper.

Tasha said...

You could over-dye the playsuit in a more sensible color if you really love it ... although I confess that lately, that's been a cut-off point when I'm thrifting for myself—if it needs dyeing to make me happy with it, it stays on the rack!

Sewing Sveta said...

I bought timberland boots for 12$%) Nice price, I think!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I love a good rummage around the charity shops, though I never find anything as cheap as these prices, you did well :-) Must make some time soon...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...