Meet the Anya shoulder bag pattern...
The Anya shoulder bag pattern is a deceptively voluminous, lined shoulder bag with an optional button tab closure which measures up at 38cm (15") wide and 27cm (10½") high without the straps. See the Anya shoulder bag Pinterest board to see other people's versions of this pattern.
With simple processes and clearly explained instructions, this sewing pattern is suitable for beginners and more experienced sewers alike.
Fabric and notions required:
- Outer fabric: 80cm (32") of fabric 80cm wide minimum. PLEASE NOTE: more fabric may be required for matching stripes or a directional print. Sturdy, medium-heavy weight, woven fabric with no stretch content. Recommended: denim, canvas, twill, upholstery and curtaining fabric.
- Lining fabric: 35cm (14”) of fabric 96cm (38”) wide or more OR 65cm (26”) of fabric less than 96cm (38”) wide. Light-medium weight, woven fabric with no stretch content. Recommended: cotton, quilting cotton, cotton sateen, dress lining, curtaining lining.
- Interfacing: approx. 10cm (4") of medium-heavy weight fusible interfacing.
- Matching thread
- 1 button measuring 2cm or 2.5cm (¾” or 1”) across (for the optional button tab closure)
When you buy the Anya shoulder bag pattern you will digitally receive two PDF documents:
- the pattern printable at home on A4 or standard US letter paper (in ONLY FOUR PAGES pictured above)
- 23 page instruction document with full information about this project, including colour photographs illustrating the step-by-step construction method.
Once you have completed the payment transaction, you will automatically be sent an email including a link. The email may take a couple of minutes to appear in your inbox. Click on this link to download your Anya shoulder bag pattern files. You will have three attempts to download the files before the link expires. If you run into difficulty, please email me at sozoblog (at) gmail (dot) com.
"I really liked the pattern and I found it very simple to put together, but it seems a lot fancier than a lot of other basic bag patterns." - Emily V
"It was a lovely project for a very wet Yorkshire afternoon this week and I loved making it! It was satisfying to make as all the pieces fitted together perfectly and resulted in a pretty bag, which my daughters are already coveting!" - Elisabeth from Glazzard blog
(By Jane from Jane Makes)
(By Elisabeth from Glazzard)
(By Jane from Jane Makes)
(denim Anya shoulder bag by Handmade Jane)
(vibrant Anya shoulder bag by Instagram user abi_norman)
(Joke's ditsy floral Anya with additional ribbon detail)
(mixed fabric Anya with bronze piping by Prolific Project Starter)
(blue and white printed fabric Anya by knitwitsowls)
(IKEA fabric Anya bag made by Alex's Adventures in Fabric)